Sunday, March 20, 2011

complaint(s)





I'm tired at 6 AM.






Cheers,
Syl





 


Postscript:  I'm tired of ringing ears and walking in straight lines. I'm tired of dark circles and pale skin. I'm tired of reminding myself: Inhale, Exhale. I'm tired of being shut up and shut down. I'm tired of insomnia and anemia and claustrophobia and alexythymia and hypochondria. I'm tired of the Middle East, no, I'm tired of America. I'm tired of the same old stars. I'm tired of the same old dreams. I'm tired of being so young and so old and so in between everything that my mother wants me to stay in at night. I'm tired of all my friends and everyone at school and what's on TV. I'm tired of nodding my head like yes yes yes and not saying a single word. I'm tired of flying and lying to myself about it. I'm tired of always going in circles. I'm tired of winter and Mondays and fourth period that never ends. I'm tired of everyone else, but mostly I'm just tired of myself.

  


4 comments:

  1. you say you are tired of your friends? i hope you don't mean me... that would break my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you said things that most people wouldnt normally say and if you did, you said them in such a different way. Very clever. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always different. People are given a general format and they stick to it. You always color outside the lines, and it sounds so much better. I admire that about your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of yours. And I can see you getting better and better at writing and capturing emotion. This class must be paying off for you. Keep it up, and I'll keep rading.

    ReplyDelete

tell me all about it