Monday, March 28, 2011

jealous



The Heart
by Stephen Crane.


I'm not jealous because it's beautiful, I'm jealous because it's true.

It's not so hard to write poetry, it's just hard to write true poetry: it's hard to take a dream and let all the color and smoke drip out of it, leave it as just a bald and honest thing. 


The Heart is the extreme side of honesty, because the "creature" in The Heart, the beast, isn't really a creature. It's a man. Usually we lie about that sort of thing.

Usually we don't write it down.





Cheers,
Syl

3 comments:

  1. You know what I am jealous of, I am jealous of that picture. I want it for my blog. Dripping smoke. . . fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest syl,
    you really need to catch up on your blog posts..
    so yeah. just thought i'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I love your music down there. Very similar styles you and I. I wonder, oh how I wonder who you are.

    ReplyDelete

tell me all about it